This site maintained by Janice Hanes

Elder Hanes will never be on this blog. All posts and pics are posted by myself or others. Elder Hanes will send us letters or pictures and I will post them for all of us to enjoy.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lette from Elder Hanes-grandmother passed away

So this week was pretty crazy and stressful. It was really good. Then Thursday came and President Taylor sent me a text and asked to see me early before zone conference. So he sat me down and said this is an informal interview, I said ok cool. He said well, I have some bad news for you... I said again....? And then he said your grandma Carol died.... wow. But then he said now she gets to see what you’re doing, so you better work hard. I was like will do.
Then he told me my new companion. I am getting AP(Assistant to the Mission President)Hansen. I am super pumped. I actually got to hang out with him all day Saturday and Sunday. The AP's go to Fort Sill every Sunday for church. It is a navy base here in OK. Well they go and help with sacrament and then they teach solders the lessons. They take two other missionaries with them every week. I was one of the two that got to go with them this past weekend. I went with Elder G, (one of my close missionary friends). It was so awesome. It was such a fun trip. I taught about 15 solders the first lesson and 4 committed to be baptized. It was so cool. It was pretty hard and intimidating., also very humbling.
I love love you,
Elder Hanes

No comments:

Post a Comment