This site maintained by Janice Hanes

Elder Hanes will never be on this blog. All posts and pics are posted by myself or others. Elder Hanes will send us letters or pictures and I will post them for all of us to enjoy.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

10-29 and 11-5


10/29/12
Hey so this week was crazy. There was a lot that happened.
First I guess, the doctor. So for the past little while I was not breathing like I was after the surgery. So Sis M told me she was taking her son to see Doctor D so I asked if I could go, so I did. When I got there he looked in my nose for a little while, told me, well it still looks a heck of a lot better than when I first saw you but there are polyps again.. So yeah, I am okay. I know that I can handle anything that the Lord puts in my life. The only thing that I don't like, polyps are cancerous. I don't know if you knew that. After my surgery he told me the tests came back and they tested good. So that is the only thing that I don't like about it. But I will just keep taking the meds and keep listening to the doc and Brother O. 
We had a baptism on Sunday. I will send a picture of that for you guys. It was awesome; it was the second person I personally baptized! It was an awesome baptism, there was one before ours in the other ward and so they just left the font filled, well the water got cold (speaking of cold, it’s been in the 30s and 40s this past week, but its warming back up) and so we ran hot water a little bit. Well when we got in the font the top of the water was warm but the bottom of the font was cold. Well we both felt that, and when I baptized him I made sure he reached the bottom of the font, hahaha, into the cold water. It was funny. He laughed and said I knew you would do that. 
The other thing that was crazy, Imogene is going downhill. She was in a hospital and now she is in an assisted living. She has chronic heart failure.... So we went and visited her. It was so sad. She was curled up into a little ball on the bed kind of like how I slept as a kid. She has lost a lot of weight. It was so sad.

So here is a cool analogy for you guys.
When a baby eagle hatches, the momma eagle lays feathers and other soft things to cushion the nest. But as they get older the mother eagle slowly takes the cushion out and starts to test them. Then the momma eagle will take her babies and throw them over the nest. The baby eagle plummets to the unforgiving ground but just before the rocky bottom the mother swoops down and catches the baby. This happens over and over again until the babies fly. Our Heavenly Father does the same with us. When we are young He lines our nest with cushions which is the testimony of our parents and leaders. But as we get older He tests us a little and then He drops us for a fall. But just before rock bottom He swoops in and catches us and brings us back up. But He does not just try us once. This happens over and over until we become like Him and can soar over all.
I really like this because there are always things that try us but we can know that The Lord will always bring us back up if we let Him. I love this Gospel. 
So yeah this week was good. 
Love you and miss you,
Elder Hanes

11/5/12
So this past week was really good. We had a lot of fun and a lot of work. There was a less active that we went to go try and see and she lives in an apartment complex and while we knocked her door the door across from her thought we knocked his door and he opened and we ended up going inside and teaching him and his three friends and setting baptismal dates with them. They are from Africa. It was so cool!! 

I am getting transferred... I am going to be a Zone Leader in the Oklahoma City South Zone, in Moore, OK. I am working in Pr. Taylor's ward. That should be fun!  My new companion is someone that I know and am close with so that should be fun as well. I leave Edmond Wednesday morning. But Moore is close to Edmond.  

My nose is okay, the meds are helping. Brother O said that I will have to do the netty pot and a steroid spray everyday until I can have surgery again... YAY!

Love you and miss you!
Elder Hanes

No comments:

Post a Comment