This site maintained by Janice Hanes

Elder Hanes will never be on this blog. All posts and pics are posted by myself or others. Elder Hanes will send us letters or pictures and I will post them for all of us to enjoy.

Monday, December 19, 2011

12/19 Letter

HEY!
Well this week wasn’t that good... :( my comp was sick Tuesday-Wed., and then I was sick Thursday-Sunday, so we didn’t get any work done at all. 
Last night was pretty cool. We went to a member’s home for dinner, it was really fun.  They got me to eat a habanera pepper, it sucked! Lol The really cool part was afterwards, I anointed (a blessing for the sick) for a blessing, it wasn’t my first one, I did many in the MTC but it was my first one in Spanish! It was pretty sweet. The man we gave it to thinks he had a stroke. Which when he described it, sounded like one. So he is going to the doctor today.
OH, another cool story; we were at an inactive member’s house eating and we asked them to read the Book of Mormon.  They said idk.  So I said, okay I will eat the spicy peppers, if you will read.  My comp got in on it as well and we ate some peppers.  We are going to check up on them this week.
Today I get to really test my Spanish. I am going on exchanges and the Elder I am going with doesn’t know English.. FUN!
OH! So President Hinkley(one of our church's past prophets) promised that if you read the Book of Mormon in the language that you are learning, by the time you finish it you will be fluent.  I made this chart to where, I will finish reading it in Spanish in 4 months and I am translating everything I read, I’m not just saying the words. I started yesterday and it is already getting allot easier to translate without looking up words or looking at my English set. I thought that was pretty sweet!  
Love and miss you,
Elder Hanes

No comments:

Post a Comment