This site maintained by Janice Hanes

Elder Hanes will never be on this blog. All posts and pics are posted by myself or others. Elder Hanes will send us letters or pictures and I will post them for all of us to enjoy.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving week letter

HEY!!

So everything here is pretty good!  It’s normally our p-day today right.. And so they have this huge program for us today starting at 10, and its going to go till 9:45. Its going to be awesome we are going to have a big service project and stuff and hear from general authorities but instead of moving our p day we have to do all our laundry and emailing before 10. So everyone that has Thursdays as p day is in laundry room. There was a line for washers.

Uhm my Spanish is coming along. I can teach but it’s really broken Spanish.

We have this program called TRC it’s where church members come in and we practice teaching  lessons on them, and ours is on Fridays and for the most part its usually active members and on Saturday the guy in charge of TRC came into our building and said they had too many people there and they didn’t want to send them home, so we told him that we would go teach them. We had nothing ready to teach and we asked him what do we need to teach and he said "I don’t know" lol and we said, “ but we aren’t prepared.” and so he said, "yes you are, the Lords got your back" "when you have to teach at the spur of the moment the Lord will teach for you but if you have time to get a lesson ready and you slack off and don’t get it ready then the Lord wont help you as much" and that was really cool bc we taught two 40 minute lessons without saying anything in English. One of the guys didn’t even know Spanish, so it was way cool. And one of them said he wants to work to go on a mission! It was awesome!

We heard from Elder D. Todd Christofferson on Tuesday! It was pretty sweet! He is so funny! He stands up and was like I want to share a scripture with you. And has he was looking for it he couldn’t find it and said "don’t you hate it when the scriptures move on you" lol everyone laughed and he ended up just sharing with us what he would have done differently on his mission. And said that we need to do it better then he did. So that was way cool coming from an apostle. Elder Richard G. Scott was his mission president so he had a lot of funny stories about that as well. And I thought that was way cool.
So in about an hour we are supposed to hear from another apostle. It might be Elder Jeffery R. Holland bc they said the last two years for Thanksgiving it has been him, so that will be way good!

Oh we got our travel plans last night! I leave the 6 of Dec my flight leaves at 10. It’s so crazy!! I need more time for Spanish haha but I guess they think I am a good teach bc next Wed when the new missionaries come in they asked me and Elder Cowdin to show everyone an effective lesson with an investigator... its going to be for everyone but not at once it will be in 4 groups. So, I'm kinda nervous bc I don’t consider myself a good teacher lol and now I have to go teach for about 300 new missionaries haha wish me luck. I am getting a lot of opportunities to work with the MTC presidency so I know them, its pretty cool, Pres. Bron is awesome.

My favorite script for the week was John ch 14. It’s awesome! 

Love you and miss you all
Love Elder Hanes!

No comments:

Post a Comment